金融 aid can include scholarships, grants, work study and loans. When you apply for financial aid, you are automatically considered for grants and loans so you do not need to apply for them separately. You may also apply for scholarships in addition to your financial aid or for only scholarships. To make sure you receive the most aid possible, students are encouraged to file a FAFSA and complete the TWU Scholarship Application each year.
Step 1: 应用 for 金融援助
- Determine your eligibility to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Create an FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID)，如有需要. The FSA ID will serve as an electronic signature on your FAFSA.
- 完成FAFSA (Texas Woman's University Federal School Code is 003646.)
- 2022-2023 FAFSA available now.
- 2022-2023 FAFSA will be used to determine financial aid eligibility for Summer 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
- 2022-2023 FAFSA has a priority deadline of January 15, 2022.
- 学生 and parents will need to use tax information from 2020 to complete the application.
- Undocumented students should complete a Texas Application for State 金融援助 (TAFSA). Application availability and priority deadlines mimic the FAFSA.
Step 2: 应用 for 奖学金
- Create a TWU先锋门户 Account.
- 应用 for scholarships on the TWU Pioneer Scholarship System.
- Complete the General Application and Recommended Opportunities.
Note: Scholarship recipients will be notified through their TWU email of the award.
Step 3: Accept or Reject Your 金融援助 Awards
Once your FAFSA has been received and all requirements have been met, watch for your official financial aid notification. 金融援助 awards are based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), 年级水平, enrollment status and other factors.
- Access your financial aid awards through the TWU先锋门户.
- Access information about viewing your award letter.
- Accept or reject each financial aid award offered to you.
- Review and sign your 金融援助 Award Letter.
Note: During the fall and spring semesters, financial aid will usually disburse to student accounts on the first day of class.
Step 4: Meet and Maintain Eligibility Requirements
- File a FAFSA and complete the TWU Scholarship application each year.
- Monitor important dates and deadlines.
- Check your Federal Direct Loan borrowing and Federal Pell Grant usage on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Read and understand how Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements impact your financial aid eligibility.
Rights and Responsibilities for 金融援助 Recipients | Consumer Information | Academic / Administrative Complaints & 上诉
Page last updated 8:23 AM, October 6, 2022